View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Bump again.....
I wanted to elaborate more on my question:
After a track session for 20-30 minutes of high boost driving at a DE, I really notice the smoking upon startup. Basically the car smokes very badly at idle until about 3-4 minutes pass beofre it clears out.
Plus I use alot of oil, probably on the order of 1 quart every 40 track miles which to me is ridicul;ously excessive.
Can anyone say that the pcv system as designed in the earlier cars before the addition of the separator in the 86 models is the main culprit of all these oil in the intake manifold? Are turbos more susceptible to blow by issues than N/A cars, especially when run hard under high boost for extended times like a track event?
The car runs fine otherwise and does not burn such amounts of oil in street driving.....that is what perplexes me now.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 06-04-2007, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)