View Single Post

Question Wideband o2 question....

Hey guys,

I am right in the middle of buying, sourcing, and getting a game plan together for my EFI change over.

I am curious if anyone has experience with wideband oxygen sensors and where is the best place to install one on a short exhaust system.

I am going to run a 3" pipe off the turbo approximately 3" long into a 14" long straight through design magnaflow muffler and come out of it with a 3" pipe appromimately 12" long to exit out the right side of my car.

My question is this. I am curious if I should go before or after the turbo. If after how close to the turbo can I safely be or should I go after the muffer but right against it as to not have any outside air get sucked in and interfere with readings.

Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. A good friend of mine Rob brought this up to me and I figured I would start a thread dedicated to this subject.

Please limit responses to people who actually have experience using wideband set ups and not "what ive heard". I think it will make for a much more accurate thread.

Thank you!
Old 06-04-2007, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)