View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by DanGreene
I sometimes wonder if these customer service numbers and the people on the payrole that take our calls are kind of like the thermostats in some modern office buildings. The temperature is really controlled by a central command and all the individual thermostats are not connected to anything. They are just there to make people feel like they have some control and input.

The word I was told, "pacify", they tell us what we want to hear, make us feel good, and make us forget about the jammin up the a#$ we are getting.

This day and age once they have your money (usually a good chunk) you become a victim to there mis engineering for whatever the case may be, and its hard to get them to give. These people/pacifiers we talk to have an answer for everything and are trained in dealing with problems.

I know the word "pacify" all to clear owning this new Ducati. The most recent one from Ducati customer service that kills me about my clutch, "this is to be expected". The dealer finaly fixed it but being told that a repair of a clutch not disengaging at a stop and squealing when taking off is "to be expected with a wet clutch"?

Its the only bike that ever did it out of 10+ bikes I owned, 8 with wet clutches. I'll put a mental note to never buy one of these again if thats what is to be expected. How many BMW riders after spending that kind of money may not buy another if the paint problems or other problems aren't resolved?

They want to give you this and that, you feel good, then it breaks again, repeat. I've not owned a BMW under warranty so I can't speak about them and there customer service but I have a good hunch they all operate the same.

Why is a vehicle treated any differnent than other things you buy and want to return for a refund, replacement, other choice, or some kind of satisfaction you will be happy with providing it is in good like new conditon, and not beat up? Especialy if there is one mechnical failure after another in a reasonable amount of time.

I would think BMW would make this right for you. They are panels but none the less important. I hope you get satisfaction. Keep on them about it. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)