View Single Post

Quote:
This day and age once they have your money (usually a good chunk) you become a victim to there mis engineering for whatever the case may be, and its hard to get them to give. These people/pacifiers we talk to have an answer for everything and are trained in dealing with problems.
Not to keep bringing up Harley but '07 Harley owners are running into the same situation with the infamous 5th gear "rocks in a can" transmission noise. Despite customer complaints since the models went on sale July 14th of last year, Harley refuses to officially acknowledge the problem and is telling customers that there's no engineering problem. There are literally thousands of posts up on hdforums.com from owners with the bad transmissions. My '07 FLTR had the issue and all my dealer could do was to "document" the problem. At least in my case, I have a happy ending - I was able to get off the Harley and onto the ST without too much of a screwing. As the problem becomes more well known outside of the HD community, owners may find resale and trade-in values of their '07s taking a hit.

...more BMWs, Buells, Harleys and Hondas than you can shake a stick at!

Last edited by Towjam; 06-06-2007 at 11:16 AM..
Old 06-06-2007, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)