View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 125shifter
If you want a turbo, buy a turbo. You will far exceed the price difference doing a conversion. Plus you get better suspension, brakes, and fender flares with the extra HP.

Only the later 80's models were available as Targa's and they don't typically sell as well as coupes although a Turbo Targa is a rarer car so it may sell for more.
Well a targa is great but I can do with a sun roof. did turbo models come with sunroofs.
Also as far as suspension how do you compare the suspension between a targa and a turbo. Usually I would be lowering the suspension if it was not already done?
I found that 1979 targa SC 3.0 in my area. it looks like it has RUF wide body kit from what I can tell. the seller is asking 14000 but he claims that the car is super clean. Now if i take a look at the car and it is clean would it be worth turbo charging. How much would it cost and how much power can i get out of it.
is their a place that explains or sells turbo charging kits for targas? and how involved is it?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)