View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Noah930
"Side vent and side skirt"
Those are for slant nose cars. The vents in the rear steel fenders were done at the factory, and the black slats are wooden. The side skirts are called "boxed rockers." Again, these were done for slant nose cars. There were a couple cars from the factory that came with these two elements, but with normal (non-slant nose) front fenders. They would be called slant nose deletes. The red car you posted would be an example of that. From the factory, these would be super rare (I have no idea the exact number, but probably on the order of single digit production numbers per year).

US slant noses should look like Chuck and Blaine's cars. The front valence that you like on the silvery car you depicted looks like a Euro valence (with an oil cooler supposedly behind the center grill).

Going aftermarket for bodywork (particularly the front valences) is a common mod. You can get pretty much anything you want. Again, stock US front valence is what Chuck and Blaine are running.

To further confuse you, Porsche had (and still does) a "Special Wishes" program. You can pretty much order anything with anything, as long as you're willing to pay whatever the factory asks. So there might have been some original owner who was able to get a Euro front valence from the factory on his US car, or whatnot.

While it sounds like you don't believe us, Blaine Sellie is right when he tells you that fender width is all the same.
Thanks for the info.. and i did beleive you about the width.
Now of course my question will be how hard is it to get the rocker boxes, the vented fenders and the euro front spoiler? factory or after market is ok. also how hard is it to replace the rear fenders. and in cars with out vented fenders. where is the oil cooler?. and is it the same size as the vented fender cars? Can it be relocated when the vented fenders are installed?

Last edited by TURBOJET; 06-07-2007 at 06:04 AM..
Old 06-07-2007, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)