View Single Post
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
930gt, here are a couple observations which may be of help.

Did you have your engine lid shut during your dyno runs? Otherwise there would be no air drawn through the core and heat soak would set in pretty quick.

My temp tests displayed that turbo discharge temps in the range of 600cfm at 1 bar (~400 hp) were 350 F with K27 or better. This means your intercooler is likely knocking off 150 F.

I shrouded my wing leaving a 6" opening on the right side of the louvers
which resulted in a 200F I/C discharge temp using an Andial half bay core, running one bar. (note that this is about 75F better than a stock core under the same conditions)

If you look at some pictures of Craig's car you will see his shrouding on the underside of his wing which causes the engine cooling fan to draw mostly through the intercooler core. With his half bay RUF he was reporting ambient plus ~10F wide open.

So, perhaps some shrouding is needed if you don't have any, though I agree that if your end tanks are so restrictive perhaps this is making the turbo work overtime in a low efficiency area of the compressor map.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)