Thread: Pants-less 930
View Single Post

The basic problem with a 1976 WUR, according to Brain Leask, is that they don't do as good a job flowing fuel under boost as the later WURs. In fact, he had my shop check the part number on my WUR, and he told them that he didn't like to modify my particular model because it is more primitive than the later WURs.

What the PO did to get around this lack of fuel flow on boost (for levels above .8 bar) was to add fuel injectors upstream which simply increase the amount of fuel according to how much vacuum is present in the fuel lines.

This is not some individual cylinder injection set up or anything fancy, it just increases the overall amount of fuel at the WUR by dumping more fuel when boost occurs. I think it is a couple extra hoses with injectors at the point it attaches to the CIS, essentially, but I've never seen it. If I was a DIY guy, I would have saved a couple grand by now!

I had my shop replace all the fuel lines when I first bought the car, and they mentioned that the set up was a professional looking install, and it works because I am able to run 1 bar with 12.3 at the rev limiter, about 7,000 rpms.

I am going to go with Imagine Auto's secret new programmable CIS system when it comes out, maybe later this month according to Stephen. I didn't ask what the price would be since Stephen doesn't really have a firm date to release it, but basically you should be able to pre-program every single RPM AFR with an ECU. If that is true, it will slaughter anything we have ever seen for CIS before......

And like you like to say, the new EFI might end up being CIS.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)