Thread: Pants-less 930
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig 930 RS
Where do the injectors inject???

Sorry but:
I hope not injected into the stock 930 manifold, which was designed for air only and is marginal at best for just O2.....this makes overall AFRs look great but, man, what is each cylinder receiving?

FWIW the Leask RPM switch/WUR setup can offer an incredibly even
AFR all the way up. Easy to setup, too with a Mity-Vac. Probable cylinder-to-cylinder variations (even in my setup) are due to the above manifold uneveness.
Thanks for the concern, unfortunately I have told you all I know. I make sure my AFRs are accurately tuned. Delta V Motorsports tunes the car, and they took apart my fuel system and rebuilt it with new lines and they didn't have a problem with the set up.

This car has been running 1 bar or more of boost for 15 years and the leakdown was 99% according to my shop.

I will rebuild the engine soon enough, and I plan to go to the Imagine Auto CIS product and most likely have them do the rebuild.

My conceptual knowledge of the CIS system lags far behind yours. My basic understanding is that the injectors add more fuel right near the WUR, according to vacuum. My impression is that it is the same concept as a 'fuel head', but again I am out of my league on this stuff.

My engine will have shiny new 3.2 pistons one of these days, digital CIS, and all will be well!

So what about the zork tube-you never mentioned whether I am going to shoot flames around town?

Brian has a nice pipe but I need to talk to him about whether that will shoot flames.

I cannot have flames at all......piles of leaves everywhere.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)