Thread: Pants-less 930
View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The ability of you engine to throw flames when the throttle is chopped depends on many things. You must have a significant excess of fuel built up in the exhaust, you must have a turbo hot enough to set the excess gas off, and you must have an exhaust system hot enough to maintain the burn.
The muffler will definitely influence the result. A Zork Tube is the best exhaust for throwing flames, a full US 1986 stock exhaust is the best for not throwing flames.

My exhaust will likely not throw flames from a CIS engine due to the length of the tail pipe. Zork Tubes are very loud, mine is muscle-car loud without having the neighbors throw rocks at you. You buy it and don't like it for any reason (such as flame throwing) just send the undamaged unit back to me and I'll refund your purchase price. Fair enough?

I have a Zork Tube for sale as well :

Old 06-07-2007, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)