View Single Post

Everyone,

Thanks so much for the replies. You are great. I was shocked to see such a response in such a short time. I just got back from breakfast at the Cozy Kitchen with the 3 other riders I came with.

To be sure, I have a sprained left thumb. My right shoulder blade may be bruised or cracked, but I have enough motion to deal with it. Enough motion, in fact, to believe that it's merely bruised. I can deal with the pain as it is and it's a lesser level than a fractured collarbone which I'm all too familiar with. The smaller internal injuries that I can sense is a good bruise over my right love handle -- nicely contrasted this morning in reds and blues. Small touches of road rash over both knees and my right elbow from abrasions within the leathers, but nothing lacerated. As bad as this list sounds, I feel decent and overall, I definitely ended up on the better end of things.

Jim, Bill, Ralf and the Rest of the Pelican gang,
I cannot express how truly great it makes me feel that you have made such an offer. The fact that I have resources from such a remote connection shows so much hope for this world and really leaves me humbled. I'm at the Days Inn, but help is on the way. Kirnal (of the famed Kirner torque arms) is bringing a trailer. Brian was supposed to be on this trip, but his wrist has kept him at bay in Wisconsin. He can drive a car and his trailer and can't wait to help. Haven't seen the bike in daylight and it's still in a really nice man's driveway. It wasn't pretty at night so I'm expecting the worst. Ralf, thanks for the offer, but don't you dare be parting that engine!

Seriously, as a rider 700 miles from home, the willingness of the Pelican and BMWanon riding communities to help out has left me speechless. Thanks you ALL so much for the kind words. It brightens this wet and ugly morning here in Mt. Home. The other riders are looking on the screen as I type amazed at the kind-hearted responses. Bless you all.

ps.
I'll probably have carnage shots when I return home, but I'm depending on the photography skills of the guys I rode with for them.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)