View Single Post

Well I'm here to tell you that I have one and it was NOT easy to get it to fit right. The sides are too splayed out by about 1.5" per side out. I had to cut through the glass till it almost fell apart and reglass it. They got a lot of pans from that mold, too many. It didn't come with mounting hardware either. The rear mounts were easy to get but after about five months or so the BMW front still hasn't come in . Fortunately I a friend loaned me his BCR front bracket and I had one made, perfect replica. I don't want to think how many hours it took me to get it ready for paint. Now the sides are nicely tucked in so my boots don't get hung up.
I shaved the front seam smooth too. If you can pick up a real BCR pan cheap? that would be the way to go unless you have skills and the time. It was cheap enough to get including shipping so I took a chance.
I would do it again because knowing the pitfalls I could get it done faster.I think by far it's the best looking pan available for the S. By the way 29.00 for the front bolt? Got it for a buck at the metric store! If you guys need any advice drop me a line.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)