View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by dewolf
Have you actually looked at any in the flesh?, it sure don't sound like it.
If your going into Porsche turbo ownership with little or no knowledge of these cars (Porsche) you should buy a WRX. Most people not even associated with Porsche, but who have a reasonably sound knowledge of cars, know what a widebody is.
WRX , I hope your kidding. I have nothing against WRX, but why whould I be talking 911 turbo and WRX comes in play.I am in for porsche because of every thing Porsche is. I would rather if they were easier to work on, as many people here hint that it is not. but I am sure it would not be a problem for me. I worked on saabs for a few years which are a threat to most mechanics, they do not want to touch them. I'm almost sure if you can work on a saab you can do a classic porsche no problem. with just a little bit of web search you can almost do any thing.
I would not buy a WRX unless I was looking for a 4 wheel drive family car. I have now a saab 900 turbo that I owned for 9 years. that car by now smokes most wrx and shakes a lot of Porsches. I want a porsche because I want a porsche. Oh turbo is a must as you may already know. I will be looking at two 930 slant noses in my area today. I'm hoping to test drive one of them and get a feel of what a classic 930 is. I'm hoping it will blow my mind but Iwill report later. I am looking for a 190 -200 mph porsche but i am not sure which classic porsche beside the RUF had that option.

Last edited by TURBOJET; 06-09-2007 at 06:08 AM..
Old 06-09-2007, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)