Thread: F 800 S
View Single Post
No try, do or not do

Garage
i keep thinking i might want one of these, but its got some room for "visual" improvement (the engine needs are a given). the rear wheel is practically obliterated on both sides, on the one by the exhaust and the other by the massive drive sprocket. given that BMW makes such an effort to make the wheels look nice this is a shame and a very large over sight. This bike needs a dualie tail exit ala R11&12, and a smaller final drive ring.

in addition it needs a belly pan, ohlins shock, and ohlins upside down fork! and it needs to come in black! with that kind of bling, i would swoop one up and make the effort to get the HP, but for right now it seems to need so much for me.

speaking of HP, do any of you who have purchased one of these, find wheelies to be easy, or same difficulty as the R11, (i know, Nate can wheelie forever on an R11, but he could probably wheelie an HD Bagger). I think I finally realized what it is about my bike that makes me want to consider a different machine. sitting still it looks like the fastest thing on the planet, and i get the vibe that this thing should hoist the front wheel just by rotating the throttle. the reality is that i need to be in the right gear, at the right rpm, going uphill, with a little bump in the road to get off a wheelie. if my BCR wheelied at command, there would be no consideration for another. comments?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)