View Single Post

Basically, Turbojet, people are just thinking that you don't know enough about Porsches to even carry on a meaningful internet posting. I am only trying to help, so hear me out.

You want a 200 mph Porsche yet your price range seems to be under $20 grand.

Seriously, we will all be here in three months. Go buy some magazines and go on Amazon and order some porsche books.

Get back to us when you have a basic understanding of the marketplace and what you need to spend to get the car you want, and we will all help you as much as we can.

But right now, you are just all over the place with your questions to the point that people are sort of not taking you very seriously at this point.

Let me recommend some books for you to get at Amazon. Someone already mentioned Paul Frere and Porsche 911 Story (8th edition). This is the Holy Grail of Porsche books. It will detail every model 911 EVER MADE by the factory. Every one of them.

To give you some idea on conversions and other general stuff about turbo engines and modifying engines, get Bruce Anderson's Porsche 911 Performance handbook (2nd edition). He also writes for Excellence magazine.

To fully understand what normal mods people do on their P-cars that you will run into when you try to buy an EBAY car, get the book by the author who runs Pelican Parts and sponsors this website, Wayne Dempsey. It is '101 projects for your Porsche 911'. Wayne also wrote a book on how to completely rebuild any 80's 911 engine, if that strikes your fancy.

Leffingwell writes an amazing coffee table book about the entire history of Porsche, with all the in-fighting and squabbling and politics that went on behind the scenes at Porsche over the years, as well as all the pictures and info you need about different models. It is 'Porsche 911'.

Starting to see a trend? If a book says Porsche 911, you ought to be reading it.

And when you are done, we will all still be here and you will be able to ask more targeted questions so we can give helpful answers.

Even if you rush out and buy a car, which I don't really recommend yet, you still need these books to get started.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)