View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by RarlyL8
If you are going to the trouble of adding spacers I would take it a step further and customize the spacing to put the outer lip of the wheel exactly where you want it. With 9" & 11" total widths you will have plenty of room on the inside so that is no longer a concern.

Does your 930 have a factory 1" spacer on the rear with no spacer in the front?

An 11" wheel with 8.25" of back spacing leaves only 2.75" from the hub to the outer rim lip, 2" for the front. Measure that same distance on the wheels you are using now and extrapolate what additional spacing you would need to put it exactly where you want it.

Let me know the answer to what spacers you are using now and I will calculate your new spacing based on what I am using and see if we come up with the same figures.

Off the cuff I'd say you need an extra 1" in the rear and 1.5" in the front.

Bill Verburg is probably getting a woody reading this, ha!
Brian,

I'm probably picking up a turbo this summer and was wondering if the wheels I have on my 996 would fit. They are aftermarket 18 x 8 x 10 with offsets of 48 and 40. Another guy has the same rims on his 930, but is unsure of the offset.

Same wheels as on this car. 1987 930 for sale
14 535i M Sport

Last edited by WPOZZZ; 06-09-2007 at 10:57 PM..
Old 06-09-2007, 10:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)