View Single Post
Driver

Garage
Turbojet,

Would agree with Rarly's and DDDD's posts above. It sounds as if you don't know what you want. This thread is all the way to page 5, and I still have a very fuzzy idea of what you're looking for.

What are you looking for in a car? Speed? Looks? Daily driver or weekend car?

Why so adamant on purchasing a 930, when it sounds like you've had very little exposure to Porsches? A 20 year-old Porsche is definitely NOT a car for even the average car enthusiast. It's NOT a comfortable car for most people.

What's your budget? (Perhaps the most important question of all.) I don't ask this to be nosy, but rather because I persoonally probably wouldn't be interested in any car less than about $25K. And most decent cars will be in the $30-35K range (or higher). Tack on a few thousand more for a factory slant nose, like you like. Aftermarket slants may not add any value, and possibly even detract from the car's value if not done cleanly. Rebuilding a motor can easily cost $15-20K, depending on what's broken and what mods you do "while you're in there."

You realize that a stock 930 is not nearly as fast (top speed) as you're hoping for, right? I think my owner's manual claims top speed to be around 153 mph. Not that you couldn't make it a 190 mph car, but certainly not on any small budget.

Best of luck. Feel free to ask questions here. People will even be willing to go look at cars for you, if you ask nicely. But I wouldn't recommend purchasing anything until you've done a LOT more research into 930s. And do not buy anything without a PPI.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)