View Single Post
Driver

Garage
Well, then, you're certainly in the ballpark (albeit the lower end) for a 930. The earlier cars (late 70s) I've seen have had asking prices around $25K. Sometimes even in the lower 20s. The later cars (86-89) seem to have asking prices mostly in the $30-35 range. Some more, some less. I got mine for $28.5K so it's certainly possible to get a decent car in your price range. There are always some garage queens with few/no miles that have asking prices for $60K. They seem to be perpetually for sale, so I don't think people are actually paying that much for them.

Don't forget to budget another couple thousand dollars right off the bat to fix things that the PO (Previous Owner) hasn't. Maybe you won't. Maybe you can DIY for a lot less. But budget it, nonetheless.

And, like people have mentioned, repairs aren't necessarily cheap if you have a local shop do them. Despite the legendary Porsche quality, these cars are 20+ years old, by now.

Not going to even mention the tens of thousands of dollars you can easily spend on mods you'll want. You might not want them now, but you will eventually.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)