View Single Post
Registered

Great race.

Congrats to Casey.

5 different makes in the top 5.

Great ride by all 5.

Had a big argument with my 16 yo again about the Ducati being superior.

Rossi has the most successful chief mechanic with 10 world titles and a big part of that crew.

The Yamaha while not being the best is much improved.

Rossi is the all time greatest and makes up for any discrepencies in the bike and setup or tire choice.

As in karting Ned is as fast as my oldest son Zac in the same kart. The analogy of it just being the equipment went out the window. You still have to have the skill to be able to drive at the lap times and also deal with the pressure.

I told him that Casey still has to ride the bike and it would be interesting to see how fast Rossi would be on the Ducati.

It would be interesting if they rode the same bike (Yamaha or Ducati) and see how much of a difference there would be.

Big turn around for Casey from last year and good to see the young talent get good equipment. He does not have to ride beyond the bikes capability for once and it shows.

I n karting my sons were taught how to race and setup our karts by a young lad who went on to become a world champion in a class he had the least experience in.

He taught my sons to learn to drive an old average kart fast with setup and then move to better equipment once you have the experience. This proved to be the good advice as when Zac stepped up to seniors he has won the closed state title in the TAG125 class in his second year.

Good on Casey and the others in the top 5.

www.boxer-performance.com

1998 R1100S Yellow is the best (now departed from my life)
Old 06-12-2007, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)