View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Gray market 930 problems / issues ?

Hi,

I am gathering information before taking the plunge in purchasing an 82 930 Porsche. I am wondering what forms of paperwork would I look for to indicate that this car was properly converted to US spec? At this point I am not worried that it passes emissions since I plan on registering it as a Classic car ( exempt from smog check ) but am wondering what else to look for?

More details on the car:

The car has a clear PA title. It has 29K miles, but the title says 'NOT ORIGINAL MILEAGE' The paperwork that comes with the car shows that in 1983 the car had 2,000 and on up to the present day 29,000 miles, so I tend to think even though the mileage is accurate, the KPH to MPH conversion prompted the State of PA to consider the new speedometer as not actual miles. There is a LOT of paperwork with this car including a Official Certification Document from Porsche .... never heard of it, but it's there.

The car has a new clutch, new Bilsteins, K27 turbo and an aftermarket exhaust. The interior is still like new except for some slight wear on the drivers side seat bead. Price is 30K firm.

This is a hard car to gauge price on since the only comparisons are usually on line and out of physical. The car runs and drives excellent... I don't think it has any issues. Does it seem that the price is in the ballpark? or would I be better off with a US spec car?
Old 06-13-2007, 04:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)