View Single Post

Over boost and boost guage wiring

I have a 930 3 litre turbo, and after pulling the induction system off and replacing it, the motor won't fire. I suspect I may have switched the 2 wires going to boost guage and (I think) the overboost switch around ( photo attached) Can any one identify the role of the 2 sensors in the photo- I can't pick up the functions on parts diagrams. Running a meter on the pink wire, I get a connectivity on the back of the boost guage, albeit on the brown wires!
( If anyone can confirm the wiring connections on the back of the rev counter boost guage it would be appreciated) When switching the ignition on, the fuel pumps make a noise, then sound as though they are straining, making an oscillating" type noise. The car has stood for a long time due to it having a fuel enrichment problem after start up, basically the car would run, then cut out. When it intermittently sorted itself out, it ran ok, then after an hour or so would misfire badly, and seemed to have fuel starvation, which is why the manifold had to come off so injectors pies etc could be checked. I suspect the WUR may have some dirt or corrosion in it.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)