View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Re: engine out

Quote:
Originally posted by NoSloVo
Thanks for the suggestions.

The car has 65k on it. The previous owner did a bit to the engine such as new turbo (k28/27 hybrid), headers and a B&B intercooler. Nothing has been done to the internals but the chain-tensioners have been updated.

I pulled the engine to fix the oil leak at the oil cooler/pressure switch. Figured I would change the valve cover gaskets as well since they seem to be leaking a slight bit. I could do the cams but am leaning towards leaving the stock ones in. The car is very laggy which can be the large inefficient turbo.

thanks again
The "while you're in there syndrome" can get out of hand. If its not leaking, clean it up a bit and leave it alone. Otherwise, you could be chasing additional leaks where there was none. You should answer the questions - is it leaking? Is it broken? If both answers are no, leave it alone.

And you are probably right about the laggy problem - a perfect example of WTF. For whatever the reason, the porsche community at large is very big on the "bolt-on" and "it's expensive, so it must work" theory. To have this car work properly, decide what you want to acheive, buy parts that are designed (and proven) to work together, then tune it correctly. Yep, even a CIS system. You'll save big money. One last comment - sometimes the least "sexy" upgrade (the one that is the simplest, most likely close to original stock design - like the airbox - and has been around for a while, works the best.

Last edited by DonE; 06-15-2007 at 01:23 PM..
Old 06-15-2007, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)