View Single Post

Here's how I did it on the car:
Jack up the DS and support it. I didn't have to remove the rear wheel but I'm sure it would have given more room to work.

Remove the lines (17mm) going into the wastegate. Don't lose the washers.

Remove the three 13mm nuts that hold the top of the wastegate on. The two nuts are easily accesible, but the third one is hard to get at. Use this tool on the inner side by the Valve cover and use the open end. Once it's loose you can use the closed ratchet end to remove it the rest of the way.

Next remove the 6 10mm nuts and hang on to the top cause it'll go flyin' if you don't. All 6 are accessible by rotating the top part around so getting at all the nuts are easy.

Once it's apart inspect the inside diaphram. Mine looked new still.

When you are ready to put it back together it's not the easiest. I couldn't push down enough to get the threads through the holes to get the nuts started. So I built this thing. I put one bar across the top of the wastegate and put the other bar across the muffler pipes. Ran the nuts down compressing the spring and guiding the threads through the holes. Also, it moved slow and even to prevent pinching the diaphram.

Then tighten down all 6 10mm nuts.

Tighten down all 3 13mm nuts.

Hook up the 17mm lines and you're done.

Hope this helps someone in the future...
Old 06-15-2007, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)