View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxx1
Les,

Actually, this car as tight and nicely restored as it is, seems to be a fairly good deal....maybe not a HELL of a deal, but not bad at all.

Let me ask you this;

Assuming I would have a problem getting the car titled in Oh. What would it take to get it Federalized after all these years? I'm talking expense wise and who would even do the work?

The way I see it, the car is 25 years old and is going to be exempt from smog laws and all that other crap by getting a Historic plate. I do know that the State of Ohio requires an inspection in order to get it titled, but usually that involves a visual match between the car VIN # and whats on the title... that's it.

Concerning selling it in the future. If someone out of State buys it.... they will be responsible for having if Federalized if needed... and that will be part of the deal. They will be told up front they will have to check it out first before they give me their money. I don't really see any big problem, but never the less you brought up a very valid point and I appreciate the information. I'll check more in depth and post the results.

It does look like a nice car. I could't quote wht it would cost. I know mine had the instruments changed, at least the speedo. It had smog pump, thermal reactors, Lambda sensors, air injectors in the exhaust. I'm sure there was a plethora of other junk, like ride height. All of that was stripped off of mine when I bought it. I think it would be pricey, and from one of the previous posts it seems that not all of this stuff was converted like it should have been. Like my switches have European pictograms, etc. Basically getting the federalization done is a load of BS. I'm not sure anyone would know how to do it anymore since after 85 it was no longer necessary on the 930. Good luck, nice car!

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 06-16-2007, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)