View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

IMHO, I would stay away from the 915 gearbox. I had one in my car and snapped the main shaft into two. The 915 was never meant to handle that kind of HP or torque.. If you want 5 speeds, by a G-50. Do it right the first time, otherwise you will be doing it again... trust me learn from other peoples mistakes. The gear ratios on the 915 box are also not perfectly matched for a turbo motor anyways. The clutch is smaller, and is still cable operated. If you go with a G-50, you will love the way the trans shifts.... and have hydraulic clutch. Its the best of all worlds.. trust me...drive a car that has a G-50/50, then go drive a 915...there is no comparision
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)