View Single Post
Man it's flat out here!

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by bhaubold
I recently read that health care costs run Toyota about $200 per car, where it costs GM about $1500 per car.

I'm not bashing the unions, I belong to one myself. But, maybe the UAW has it a little too nice.
This argument about Health care burden just doesn't make any sense to me. When I lived in Germany I had to pay high taxes for government health care...guess where I got the money for this?...yes it was in my salary that came from Zeppelin GmbH.

Therefore, in a round about way, the Health care System in these other nations is ultimately funded through the products they produce and sell...where else did you think the money came from?

The US Automakers argument is baseless and obviously an attempt to help themselves to even more top exec profits and then dump the health care bill on you and me through government taxes...you'll also need a healthy boost in your salary to afford this...where will that come from?...you guessed it my friend.
"What I've tried to do in the two books I've done, Signature in the Cell and Darwin's Doubt, is to show just how weak the materialist's hand is in explaining the key events in the history of life. ... We would encourage people to roll up their sleeves, do their homework on this." Stephen Meyer PHD
Old 06-19-2007, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)