View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxx1
Yeah, I don't want to get too crazy with this whole thing yet.
I don't even have the car yet but in the test driving, it feels very fast! The tires spin a bit through 1st gear when the boost kicks in. I pick it up Friday. It has a K28 and a B&B exhaust and new injectors. Since it is a Euro car, it should have 300 RWHP out of the box. I don't know how much the exhaust or upgraded turbo adds, but it is plenty quick for now. I am targeting somewhere between 450 and 500 hp when it is all said and done. The body is so nice I don't really want to start stripping sheet metal pieces for carbon fiber, so the lightening process may suffer. Oh well.
I understand about the nice bodywork. That is why most of us just do bumpers, which will lose you a 100 pounds. Then you can get a lightweight battery, seats, remove the rear seats cushions, door pocket trays, and various knick knacks like the 34 pound spare tire (except for long distance trips) ect. Empty the windshield fluid. Weight loss accumulates, so all the trivial things kind of add up.

Or just leave it alone if that is what you like!

The car you drove with the B+B exhaust and new turbo is very likely already in the 350 hp range. That is how quickly these cars gain power from simple bolt on mods. You can lose weight and gain a few hp with an aftermarket air intake. And they sound neat.

Make sure to have a mechanic do a real porshe ppi inspection before you negoitiate a price or buy it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by DDDD; 06-19-2007 at 08:39 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)