View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by DDDD
I had a Gixxer and a Ninja.

In corners, in the wind, and even from highway speeds, the more powerful and extreme Porsches can keep up with bikes in a lot of ways.

Just not from a standing start. No chance there. My Ninja would hit 70 mph as I let out the clutch.....

Bikes aren't all that aerodynamic over 100, and I got tired of being crouched down all the time.

I do agree that people who haven't experienced bikes are missing out in something very intense.
Yeah, I understand that...... I would say over about 130 a bike really starts to take a hit..... any powerful slippery car has a huge advantage at high speeds. If you think about it, most current open class bikes can run a high nine to low ten second quarter mile @ 145+ at the traps with a experience rider.... that's pretty quick. I ran my 02 R1 and best I could do was a 10.49 @ 136. ( magazine editors did 10.19 on that bike) The big problem is keeping the front wheel down. If a car has all wheel drive, that makes it tough on the bike.

I had some fun with a 928 Porsche one time. I let him think he had a chance, then looked over and cracked the throttle open and left him setting

Last edited by Maxx1; 06-20-2007 at 02:36 PM..
Old 06-20-2007, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)