Thread: Need help?
View Single Post
Man it's flat out here!

Garage
One of my Brit riding buddies told me to check the TB Stops by holding on to one TB with fingers (feel the clack when it reaches the stop) while positioning my ear next to the other TB (hear the clack when it reaches the stop). Just roll the Throttle closed and you'll know immediately if they're not in sync. I checked mine shortly after I bought it and they were not in sync...I adjusted the right side cable and I've had minimal surging issues since then. I also use Autolite 3923 Spark Plugs.

From my MSWord Log File:
23AUG2004 - @19,135 Miles I followed the advice from one of my British riding buddies, Chris Barnes who owns a 2004 BMW R1150R Rockster, regarding Throttle Body Synchronization. While the engine is OFF, listen to the Throttle closure to hear the Butterflies hit their respective STOPS. Make sure that they STOP simultaneously during Throttle rolloff to Low Idle position. Mine did not STOP simultaneously. The RH side hit the STOP slightly later than the LH side. Chris said to only adjust the cable of the RH side (without the Throttle Position Sensor) and do not adjust the STOP Screws. I made the adjustment in about 3 minutes and now they STOP simultaneously.
"What I've tried to do in the two books I've done, Signature in the Cell and Darwin's Doubt, is to show just how weak the materialist's hand is in explaining the key events in the history of life. ... We would encourage people to roll up their sleeves, do their homework on this." Stephen Meyer PHD

Last edited by R111S; 06-20-2007 at 08:00 PM..
Old 06-20-2007, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)