View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by DDDD
I had an incredibly funny experience with some guy on a Japanese power cruiser. I tailed him for miles while he was bent down and going full throttle. The whole bike was shaking and he had one of those quarter helmets on and all his clothing was flapping in the wind and stuff was hanging off his bike and blowing around. He had his bike totally pegged at maybe 120 for like 5 miles, and when the road really cleared out I blew by him like he was in reverse.

I slowed down right away and let him pass again and he gave me a big thumbs up when he took his exit.

I think he liked the fact that my car is louder than his bike with my hissing wastegate dump pipe and wide open exhaust. And his bike was loud.

You know what freaks me out is some of these Jap cars that have been tweeked to the hilt, like a modded WRX-STI or even a stinking well prepped Civic. I was watching some cable TV drag racing show and some of these cars were deep in the 10s through the quarter mile.

Oh well, my street racing days are over. I couldn't afford to risk my driving record over some kid having to prove himself against my car.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)