View Single Post

2.7 liter heads for sale and valves

Albert and I have decided to put our collection of 2.7 liter heads up for sale. I had the local machine shop dissassemble and test everything out. The heads are all good but I only have 8 good intake valves and 3 good exhaust valves. All the springs and other hardware are here and accounted for.

Ashton had picked up some replacement exhaust valves at some time but they are maybe an eight of in inch too short it looks like - don't know if they would still be usable or not?

We really just want to get a fair price on these. I know that Pelican sells the exhaust valves for $161 new and the intake valves for $185. I think that the bare head is available new from Porsche for $1500. I would be willing to buy another exhaust valve and then have a head re-assembled and gone over and sell it that way.

I would like to get some input as to what the value is on these. I am thinking that if I picked up another exhaust valve and had a head assembled and gone over that would probably be worth $1500. Maybe a bare head is worth $500?

Old 06-21-2007, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)