View Single Post

Here in Virginia it is Ford country all the way. I see as many as five mustangs when I go anywhere near town. Each customized with some sort of nasty looking crap hanging off the rear of the car and a bunch of gnarly stickers along the rocker panel or on the windshield. Usually the theme is that they don't fear death or some cartoon character peeing on the bumper or something.

I think Stang owners have it worst because they know their car is inferior to even the real American muscle cars, let alone a foreign precision engineered automobile.

Anyway, I ran into a fully blown Mustang with a Roush engine, and it was a quick car, the tires would lite up instantly. We did some roll ons but nothing crazy. Then we came to a stoplight.....

So I let out the clutch just as easy and normal as I ever do, which is the only way to get any longevity out of your clutch. He probably dumped the clutch and got a great launch off the line. I revved up first gear, and my front bumper was maybe at his door. I put it in second and winded up the gear, and instantly my car jumped in front so that his front bumper was maybe at my door. In third gear, I pulled away as though his drivetrain gave out or something.

At the next stop light we looked at each other and he just laughed. I guess he will need one more trip to Roush Racing to straighten things out.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)