View Single Post

Thanks Luke,
I have checked my lines going to the front cooler and see no signs of any damage. I had my car at the shop a couple of months back with CIS problems. To make a long story short, it was set up on the lean side. How lean, I couldn't tell you. I've tried adjusting the mixture over the past few weeks a little at a time to see if a richer setting made a difference. It hasn't yet. I havn't taken it back and put it on the analizer to check the exact setting.
When I was having CIS problems I advanced the timing from 5ATDC to 8. This helped with hot starting. I reset the timing back to 5 to see if that had any affect on the oil temp and it hasn't. The car seemed to run and start better at 8 degrees. I don't know what you mean by the mechanical timing.
In doing searches and who knows how many posts the internal thermostat kept popping up. I am not looking forward to doing an engine drop to get to this thing.
Can it be replaced without an engine drop?
Randy
Old 06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)