View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally posted by turbocarrera
Brad, what was the respective weight savings of all that carbonfibre? Were they quality parts and where from? I'm thinking about taking some motor money and spending it on the 'weight' part of the p/w ratio.

I think your car looks awesome, very purposeful. What's your new motor put out? I imagine you have a very fast car there.
Thanks for the compliments.... My car now hovers right around the magic 2000 lb mark...depending on fuel load, etc., and thats with a full cage!! The doors had the most weight per a single item.... I would guess atleast 100lbs per door. The CF doors weigh about 7 to 8 lbs per door. Of course they no longer have that distinct german thud sound that is made when they close.
The seats are CF and Kevlar mix...6 lbs a piece without the brackets... It was incredibly fast before I redid the motor... weight does play a very big role... Of course Cf is very, very expensive...but IMHO ...worth it... It is much stronger than the FG piecies.. in fact, when drilling the front bumper and splitter for the AL piece under the bumper...we broke two drill bits....

With the new motor...expecting atleast 600 HP at the crank... maybe more, but if we do get more... at 1 bar.... I will run .8 bar on the street.. The motor before the rebuild was around 450 or so... maxing out the CIS.... I have done just about everything that I could to this motor...including stroking/ boring out to a 3.6L.... so hopefully I wil be happy.

I like the way the car looks... it is, as you put it...purposeful looking. But look at the other cars on here....they are classy, beautiful, and the fit and finish is perfect on most... Mine will never be that way... but I do have 600 to 800 lb weight savings on them too!!!!

Oh, all of the parts came from M.A. Shaw...except for the front GT-2 bumper...that came from BB (better bodies). I had about 80 hours or so in finishing work to do on the front bumper....just to get it to look like the parts from M.A. Shaw did out of the box...
M. A. Shaw IMHO is the only place to buy body parts.... dont waste the money on others... you wont be happy!!
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk

Last edited by turbobrat930; 06-21-2007 at 03:26 PM..
Old 06-21-2007, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)