View Single Post

The T1 thermostat is rated between 65-70.

I imagine Hayes is on crack again or the reference is to a T1 engine somehow? Hayes usually really sucks and is only in business because the manuals are soooo cheap compared to the Robert Bentley books.

I am surprised the T4 thermostat is so high in temperature! I will check the t-stats I have, three I think, tonight as a comparison

I check mine by putting them in the freezer (in the basement so wife does not biatch ) and then place them in the basement oven at 150 degrees to see if they open right.

!!! Always keep the metal shroud around it on !!! If the metal shroud/holder is taken off the t-stat can over expand and burst.

Also I have seen only 1 t-stat fail closed, why I do not know. I suspect the gas was never filled from the factory properly to expand the t-stat open. People say it is impossible to fail closed but that is not true. All the others I have seen in T1 and T4 motors have failed open based on my sample of about 25 t-stats.
1948 Spartan Mansion 30' travel trailer
Old 11-13-2001, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)