View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Even though I have a G-50/50, which, is about the best shifting trans out there for my 930, without major surgury. I would have to say, I am not going to "slam" thru the gears. With a shifter box that's just under 10 grand, I am not going to take the chance of wearing it out, breaking something, or completely granading the box. Unless you have unlimited funds... I would suggest buying a stang or similar car, and get all of that out of your system, and keep the Pcar for high speed track or spirited road driving, which does not require the "banging" of gears....

Now if one was to buy a sequential box....such as a Hewland, etc. well, then you could bang it into the next gear, but then that takes the fun out of it... just my >02cents.....
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 06-22-2007, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)