View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by RarlyL8
Gumba - what's your time frame? I may have something for you.

The K27 series claim-to-fame is that they are a relative bolt-on application that is tailored to the 911 turbo. Kevin and Stephen have done a great job with the series.
The pitfall is the price. The turbo industry has exploded due to the ricer's influence, driving prices down and creating lots of new and better turbos. If you are not locked into the K27 flange style you have options.

All that being said, I would hate to see this great new BBS become the wasteland that is Rennlist. There is no traffic to speak of on the Rennlist 930 board because it has been taken over by sponsor ass kissers that are rude to anyone with a different idea.
Discussion is a good thing
Am I wrong in thinking that a T3 turbine housing with a 4-bolt flange will be a 'bolt-in' replacement for the 3LDZ or K-27 on the exhaust side? On the compressor side, it is easy to match up inlet and outlet, so typically these are not an issue.

The only remaining 'issue' is mating up the oil feed/drain lines and using a reducer if needed for the oil feed. I think one of the Garrett flanges is the same as the KKK (don't recall whether it's inlet or outlet), and one is different. It seems that the inlet would be easier to adapt than the drain, especially since aftermarket headers mostly have the drain tank with the flange welded to it.

In looking at the variations in turbo setup available from a cost perspective, there are many less expensive options which will certainly equal or exceed the performance of the modified KKK's at a FAR lower cost. I would very much like to see more discussion as well....

WRT to needing a KKK turbo today, I have a K-27 7006 with a -9 turbine housing. It will spool faster than a 7200, but may not be a final solution for you as it is prolly 'only' good for ~400 RWHP.

It has ~2mo. use (1000 miles) on it, and I could have it ready to ship out tonight. I'll sell for $500 shipped, ~1/2 what I paid.....
PM me if interested.

Pat K
87 930

Last edited by kellcats521; 06-22-2007 at 07:54 AM..
Old 06-22-2007, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)