View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by kellcats521
Am I wrong in thinking that a T3 turbine housing with a 4-bolt flange will be a 'bolt-in' replacement for the 3LDZ or K-27 on the exhaust side? On the compressor side, it is easy to match up inlet and outlet, so typically these are not an issue.

The only remaining 'issue' is mating up the oil feed/drain lines and using a reducer if needed for the oil feed. I think one of the Garrett flanges is the same as the KKK (don't recall whether it's inlet or outlet), and one is different. It seems that the inlet would be easier to adapt than the drain, especially since aftermarket headers mostly have the drain tank with the flange welded to it.

In looking at the variations in turbo setup available from a cost perspective, there are many less expensive options which will certainly equal or exceed the performance of the modified KKK's at a FAR lower cost. I would very much like to see more discussion as well.... A triple k and a t3 housing are the same so it is bolt on that portion of it.. the oil drain should be as well the inlet feed line is different though I believe..

WRT to needing a KKK turbo today, I have a K-27 7006 with a -9 turbine housing. It will spool faster than a 7200, but may not be a final solution for you as it is prolly 'only' good for ~400 RWHP.

It has ~2mo. use (1000 miles) on it, and I could have it ready to ship out tonight. I'll sell for $500 shipped, ~1/2 what I paid.....
PM me if interested.

Pat K
87 930

Current project 73 914-6 Gt project rusteration 2.4
Reproduction 914-6 oil tanks, 1-5/8" 914-6 heat exchangers source call 2623647426 or email mbconsulting21 @gmail.com
Old 06-22-2007, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)