View Single Post

The car and motorcycle magazines always use a conversion formula to adjust for heat, if you think that will help, I can try to dig that up.

40 degrees makes a HUGE difference when your intercooler isn't working.

60 degrees is about 2 degrees from the absolute ideal temperature of 58, I think, that they use in their formulas.

Actually those formulas might not be for hp, but for elapsed time, now that I think about it. But there has to be a formula out there!

You can't really compensate for the intercooler effect, but you really ought to be able to get an estimate of hp change by temperature. In fact, the lack of using your intercooler may just make the conversion formula more accurate, because an intercooler doesn't do much at 60 degrees, maybe?

Your exhaust weighs less as well, and even if your overall horsepower is similiar, did the spool up happen faster? That is just as important.

Look, if you increased horsepower on a 100 degree day, you did good.

No exhaust is magic, but a much lighter, faster spooling, cool sounding exhaust is a good start if it makes more power on a hotter day.

Last edited by DDDD; 06-23-2007 at 08:40 PM..
Old 06-23-2007, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)