View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Scott, you will be fighting a losing battle on two fronts....
1)., CIS does not like valve overlap (lumpy idle). It sends energy pulses up the intake and to the metering plate, which in turn, screws with your fuel flow.
2). Turbo cars do not do good with a lot of valve overlap. If, you have a large amount of overlap, you will start to blow the intake charge right out of the exhaust during the intake stroke.

If you really want a "lumpy sound" at idle.... buy a "zork" tube, which is a straight pipe right off of the turbo, instead of running a muffler. I don't run anything but that tube anymore. You will be amazed at how "lumpy" the car sounds at idle. It will also allow the turbo to spool up quicker, hense, a quicker car. And you will be amazed at how much the turbo quiets the motor down. It really isn't that loud. It will also allow you to hear the whistling sound from the turbo just about all the time... sounds awesome.

just my .02 cents.... Brad
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 06-24-2007, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)