View Single Post

Garage
Fabbed My Own

BMAN,

I bought one of those coolers and plumbed it myself. The installation looks just like that photo except mine is slightly lower and I fabbed a shroud to deflect the heat blown off the cylinders.

I lowered it so it was in direct airflow, but not so low it would be damaged from a speed bump.

Yesterday, it was warm in Rancho and had the car jacked to replace a crossover tube exhaust gasket. I had the car running for a while and took some temperature readings with an infrared thermometer. Delta temp between the inlet and outlet was ~ 8-10 degrees. You must not accept that data as accurate. The cooler works by heat transfer, so it would be very inefficient with the car static. I didn't own my turbo last summer so I don't have any history of expected summer temps. But I think if you can get 5-15 degrees cooling it will be worth it. I bought the Cooler for $40 and opened the 3/8 ntp hole to 3/4 pipe thread and bought the fittings from TMR in Orange Ca. It cost about $90 dollars for everything. I think the kit is $230 at Performance Products. I cut my S tube and used it also. It has ~1 inch inside diameter.

Bob
Old 06-25-2007, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)