View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stephen914
Thumbs up Good Time!!!

Well I met up with the guys over the weekend. Seventies Man and his friend came up on Friday night and stayed at my house. He came on his ST1100s. We had some pizza and beer then head out around 7:30 on Saturday morning. It was a cool morning, there was dew on the cars, but it was nice and sunny. We ate at a diner close to my house called Lynn's Country Cafe. It sure was country inside. I had never been there, the diner I normally go to was closed that day.
Here's Seventies Man and his friend Amelia waiting for the check

LAKES! LAKES! and more LAKES!
After breakfast we head out for Lake George. We took West River Rd along the Hudson, then through Glens Falls, then up 9L to lake itself coming out by the Million Dollar Beach. Million Dollar beach is so named because it reportedly cost that much to make when on the sand was brought in during the 60's or 70's. I am sure that seems like a bargain now. We parked on Canada Street near Ushers Park to check our messages and see if any other riders were coming to join us.

No messages so we saddled up and head up Route 9N to go around the lake. Traffic wasn't too bad although we did pull over once to let the cars get ahead of us. Then we had a pretty clear shot over Tongue Mountain and we were able to ride pretty quick. We caught back up to the cars on the downhill side. I don't think I've ever made it up and back down without catching up to a single car. During the week is definitely the best time to go over this mountain road.
We turned up Rt 8 in Hague toward Brant Lake. This is a loop I take often and one of my favorites. The tarmac is pretty smooth, the scenery is fantastic, and traffic is pretty light. It was a little colder up here and my nose was beginning to run. This is always a problem since you can't really blow your nose in the full face helmet. We rode around Brant Lake at a pretty nice clip and stopped at Suzy Q's Sunrise Cafe for coffee.

2000 R1100S
Ztechnick exhust
FosterRad Fuel Chip
Ohlins F&R
BMW MOA#125237

http://empeg9000.blogspot.com/

Last edited by stephen914; 06-25-2007 at 11:33 AM..
Old 06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)