View Single Post

Since the deer accident, the ABS lights have been lighting off like a railroad crossing sign. The fault is tripped for the dealer reset, which I found the home-style fix for on here. I have put on 3K since the accident, and have been enjoying the ABS-less system. Right now, the fix is done with a 1.25" piece of electrical tape over the lights on the dash. Not sure if I care to change that because I have no reluctant grip on the brakes.

At the same time, I've been getting some feedback that I used to think was the ABS system, which obviously is not. It may be the pads, but I get a chattering feel pretty often. Not always, but often. So maybe if I just get new pads, or swap pads' sides, I may have a better feel on the system. Or not. I really just don't like the feeling of slipping farther down the road due to the system doing its thing. I know what's happening, and I know it's fine, but it just doesn't feel right.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)