View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxx1
How much do those go for? I may have to try one out.... it sounds like an easy 12 horsepower over stock.

I kind of wonder how much my B&B exhaust header and high flow muffler gives me over stock?
If you believe B+B's dyno, the entire system gives you 48 hp over American stock 930. However, you have an 1982, which I think is a Euro, in which case it would be more like 30 hp over Euro stock.

You are not likely going to see 12 hp gain over a B+B exhaust by going to a zork pipe, because B+B is wide open pretty much. So maybe 5 hp, but you will see a host of other benefits. Less weight on the rear. Lower engine temperatures because mufflers trap heat. And this will lead to better performance, because the difference in temp will cause exhaust to flow more quickly through the turbo.

Plus the zork is the cheapest exhaust you will find. And if somebody tails you on boost, you can always scorch their hood.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)