View Single Post

l had a V-band flange welded to mine to simplify exhaust mounting and adjustment,highly recommended.The back -date heat ducts are now available from performance products. l did my 1984 3.2 turbo conversion last year,it turned out very well.l initially tried to do it on the cheap and changed course and tossed the budget.l think it cost me about $5500 and l used the best parts available at the time.B&B 930 headers with heat T40s..60-1,72 A/R ,Tial 46mm,Powerhaus muffler , Turbo XS BOV ,BEGI FULLY adjustable FMU (the key to the good power figures) full bay intercooler , big throttle body , MSD ignition/Nology wires , on board wideband, exhaust gas temp , cylinder head temp , fuel pressure ,boost w/tell-tale guages....what else?....Hmmmm.l think that`s about it.Oh,l got the chip from Todd. l think it`s a stage one which has the most moderate timing curve.The extra power of stage two /three comes from timing advances and l`d rather play it safe with that. Future mods include digital before/after intercooler temp display and a water injection system.As it is right now the car runs very cool ever after a good thrash and the adjustability of the Bell (BEGI) FMU has played a huge part in allowing me to really dial in the power and AFR`s. l had Protomotive FPR(modified stocker) and at boost onset there was a lean condition l couldn`t tune out.l wouldn`t have known about this if l didn`t have the wideband.The fuel pressure guage with tell-tale has been invaluable also allowing super fine tuning of the fuel curve.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)