View Single Post
Constitutional Patriot

Quote:
Originally posted by kellcats521
It's hard to fathom that there is actually a discussion/debate on whether to use ARP or not. +5 with rod bolts and head studs.....
Of course there is a debate.
The Supertec head studs were designed with a far superior concept.
They (Supertec) studs are made from a material some stud engineers believe is a superior choice to that of ARP studs. The Supertec stud also used a design that incorporates two different thread pitches. The case end is standard 10X1.5 thread and is slightly longer than stock. This lets you thread the stud completely into the case. More threads equal more strength.
The nut end is a fine thread 10x1.25. This allows for a more accurate torque and better control of head tension.
All high quality machinery that has a stud installed in aluminum has a fine thread nut installed. Even the Supertec nut has a better design.
If you search this board you are going to fine many comments about AR studs coming loose after very little use.
ARP studs are cheaper, perhaps there's a reason.

Debate? I think so, that's why I chose Supertec head studs for my 400 hp turbo engine.

"The [contemporary liberal] standard for smartness is
not achievement but glib rhetoric, smug airs and
presumptuous proposals.'
"Thomas Sowell
Old 06-27-2007, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)