View Single Post

Ok, I'll bite, since I have a DTA Pro8 ECU on my 930.

The DTA does support boost control and I have mine working very nicely with it.

But I'm not sure what you mean by multiple profiles. If you mean different maps, the answer is -- sort of. Unlike the Motec, you can't install a switch on the dash and go from map to map. But in a matter of seconds, you can hook up the laptop and send a different map to the ECU.

Nice as it sounds to just flip a switch, I think having the ability to do this is a bit overrated. As is a valet switch! (No valet, ever, is going to drive my 930. Never. I don't even let them drive my 10 year old Jeep. Why would I want a switch to kill the boost when the only person who will ever drive this car is me or someone I trust to respect the potential). To rotate a knob on the dash for a different map sounds cool, but how often would you actually do that? I have three maps for my car -- street, track and higher boost for the track. The latter two require race gas. To go from a street to a track map involves more than just a software change. It involves using a different fuel. And running on the track may require other vehicle configuration changes (shock settings, tires, etc.) And I'll want my laptop with me anyway. So it's no sweat to hook it up and deliberately load the map I want. The Motec is a perfectly fine ECU, and you may choose it for one reason or another, but I don't consider the multiple map feature to be particularly valuable.

Likewise, I don't consider the two-piece harness to be a particularly good idea either, but that's another discussion.

Rob

Last edited by Rob 930; 06-29-2007 at 09:01 AM..
Old 06-29-2007, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)