View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Thumbs up I finally got my dream car of all time and here are the pics ....

So, this is the official: I finally got the freakin car thread' !!

This is an 82 ROW. Cosmetically and mechanically, the thing has been restored close to new. I'm talking new bushings, Bilsteins, brakes, updated cam oil lines, valve guides and seals, rings, clutch-pp-throw out bearings, rear and front wheel bearings, headers and exhaust, cams, injectors, Perma tune ignition, new fuel pumps, fresh Dot 4, new braided brake and oil lines, fresh swepco in the tranny, short shift kit. K28 cheater turbo, B&B header, GHL muffler.

The flattened and buffed urethane black / clear paint has less than 1,000 miles ( new in 03 )...with no previous body damage. Interior is original minus the 930S wheel, Turbo mats and numerical oil temp gauge. It has the original Blaupunkt, seats, carpet, dash and headliner. The interior still has that Porsche smell to it

New 16x9 and 16x8 wheels, new tires, custom made lugs, Porsche crest valve caps ... this guy was a detail nut with deep pockets!. New Porsche crest front spoiler, new smilie, new lenses all the way around, new fog lights and protector covers, new bellows and bumper rubber, new front, back and side glass gaskets, new door and sunroof seals. If something was faded or showed wear of any kind, it was replaced.

The guy I bought this car from purchased it in 02 and said it was in very nice shape except the paint was weathered a bit. He said this car is the Porsche he always wanted, he planned on keeping this car and that's why he sunk so much money into it. He owned 30 some Porsches over the years and is a pretty good mechanic. After selling this one to me, he was still left with 3 other Porsches, so I didn't feel too bad for him. I can tell he does great work and was lucky to find one that has been gone through like this. This car runs and drives basically like a new car. PPI checked all the important mechanicals and other than a few drops of oil, it's an excellent example of the 80s 930.

Mileage records seemed to begin around 86, so the 1st 4 years are unknown.... but from 86 to present the mileage is accounted for with about 100 receipts. I was wondering why a 29,000 mile car, or even a 69,000 mile car would need new rings and a valve job? I will call the second owner and try to get those answers since he is the guy who had the work done.

Anyway..... I got it! I love it and you NEVER see an 80s turbo on the streets where I live ..... or at car shows. I took it to a show last week and a huge mob gathered around the car.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Last edited by Maxx1; 07-01-2007 at 02:31 PM..
Old 06-30-2007, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)