View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

I guess the general concensusis that: We all know Porsches are allot of money... PERIOD!!! that being said.....

I thinkw e would all agree that if you had say.... 7 to 10 grand burning a hole in your pocket... then the only way to go is a G-50 or G-50/50 conversion.... it is also the best option.

But allot of us don't have that kind of money available to blow... then for those guys...the only solution is the 930 4-speed or the 915. The 915 being the cheapest of the 4 choices.

It may not be the best choice, but if its the only one you can afford, then there is no question.

However, I have gone down that road before....and have wasted more money than if I just had bit the bullet and did the G-50/50 conversion the first time. I did not "drag race" my car, but was not easy on it either. I had about 400 to 450 Hp at the wheels...
The G-50 series of transmissions shift better, last longer, are beefier, have a larger clutch, and have better gearing suited for a turbo motor.... its your choice......
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 07-01-2007, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)