View Single Post

Re: Turbo Feed Oil Bypass

Quote:
Originally posted by patkeefe
I'm over-pressurizing the old Rajay with oil pressure, such that it will blow it by the ring and seal on the turbine side of the turbocharger. It's quite messy, and smokes a lot.

I have an 0.080" restrictor in the feed line, and a pressure gauge downstream of it. I will get the full 80 PSI of pressure at start up, of nice thick cold oil, which the turbo will not drain fast enough.

I need a pressure bypass upstream of the feed inlet, so that I can limit the pressure into the turbo. I basically have gotten to the point where I don't feel like reinventing the wheel again this week, so perhaps someone has one, or knows where one can be obtained. Basically, a ball and spring, that will open at 30 pounds or so. The turbo is currently being reworked in the center section to allow for a better drain capability on the turbine side, but I think the bypass will be extremely beneficial.

And, yes, I know I should upgrade the turbo, but I'm stubborn.

TIA

Pat
you know call Orrin @eurosport ltd in denver he has/ or knows of the a very slick setup that does exactly what you need.. you will not be able to find a website but you can google the name and get a phone number there addy is union c or somthing like this.. let me know if you need any more info let me know

Current project 73 914-6 Gt project rusteration 2.4
914-6werkshop.com ,heat exchangers, oil tanks, etc
Old 07-03-2007, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)